6 days after my one-on-one with Helen, I received the first important email …
Your Account status has changed to Present Donor (Active)
Congratulations! Your profile is now active on the Nurture website and ready for selection. Now it is up the Universe and a bit of magic for a very lucky recipient to select you to be their donor.
VERY important Foot Note – unlike other agencies who may think that you are a “battery hen” (who tell their donors “yes darling angel donor – you CAN donate back to back/from month to month”. Absolute Rubbish!), we believe more in the “free range” approach & abide by the current SASREG guidelines. So if you are currently registered/matched with another agency – NOW is the time to let us know.
And for the few out there who still may be a little confused -
1) You cannot do 2 donations at once – duh!
2) You cannot donate a month after your last donation – you and your ovaries NEED a break
3) You cannot work the system – honesty is the best policy
4) We have a very special recipient waiting to hear if it’s a “yes” or a “no” from you – please don’t monkey about – it is not cool or fair – to you/them or us
5) We are concerned first and foremost about YOUR physical well-being. Our fabulous Nurture donors have a minimum of a 3 month break between donations
6) If you do find yourself in this situation – and would like to whisper in my ear – please do it today……
The Nurture Team
To say I was happy is an understatement – I was ECSTATIC! Proud! And happy
Helen let me know that “the Universe and a bit of magic” could mean anything from a couple of days, months or even … never. But that she told me that she believed that someone would snap me up in a heartbeat.
I could only wait … and hope.